Trento has already done much to improve interactions with its citizens. The city website is an important reference for citizens and contains all relevant information on the city services. Each procedure has its web page with:
- a description of the procedure;
- links to the PDF version of all relevant laws and regulations (national and local);
- a step-by-step description of the interaction, with waiting times, costs, and documentation needed;
- links to the application documents: all documents are fillable PDF documents.
Also, the Municipality of Trento already supports submitting applications through certified e-mail, by sending the filled application documents and a scan of identity document and signature.
As part of its “smart city” strategy, Trento is working to realize a new e-service portal: it will serve as a “one-stop shop” or unique access point that offers integrated and facilitated access to all the various services. With this new portal, it will be possible for citizens and businesses to authenticate using smart service cards or one-time password devices, and to complete the interaction online.
The first phase of the “e-service portal” project aims at the digitalization of the procedures within three different domains:
- Childcare services: enrolment to day nursery service;
- Private Building: landscape permit and mandatory opinions on the architectural quality of the interventions;
- Environment Quality: acoustic derogation for temporary activities (regarding building, musical entertainment at public premises or events).
The services in the three different domains described above will be ready between September 2016 and December 2016. Together, they will cover needs of different stakeholders, ranging from citizen to professionals, and offer an important test-bed for the whole “e-service portal” project.
SIMPATICO will inject interaction simplification techniques to the provided e-service which will be tested and evaluated on a production environment.